Sometimes, we don’t appreciate how much time is lost to menial tasks until it’s too late. Computers are great at doing things repeatedly, so let’s lean into that wherever possible. If you’re repeating the same actions daily, a programmable keyboard could be in your future.
This post will examine our favorite programmable keyboards, their features, design, and price. We’ll look at a couple of different styles and even look at newer technology built for streamers. However, anyone looking to enhance their productivity can take advantage of that.
Editorial Independence Rocks!
The Seller Journal prides itself on remaining editorially independent. Companies that make the products and services reviewed here cannot influence the outcome of a review, nor does The Seller Journal accept compensation for a review. The company that created what we’ve reviewed here gave no input or direction for this review. Learn more about how we approach product reviews.
The Best Programmable Keyboards
Programmable keyboards offer enhanced productivity and customization options for users. Users can streamline their workflow and perform complex tasks with a single keystroke by assigning specific functions, macros, or shortcuts to individual keys.
This can be particularly beneficial for entrepreneurs, gamers, and photographers who often rely on repetitive actions or need quick access to various commands. Additionally, programmable keyboards allow users to personalize their typing experience, making it more efficient and tailored to their specific needs.
Here are our picks for the best programmable keyboards.
Logitech G613 LIGHTSPEED Wireless Mechanical Keyboard
The Logitech G613 is a full-size keyboard with wrist rest that features a black-on-black design with white lettering, wireless connectivity, and 18-month battery life, and custom programmable action keys on the left-hand side of the face.
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Supports connecting to multiple computers
- Up to 18 month battery life with 2 AA batteries
- Six programmable action keys ("G keys")
- Romer G mechanical switches with 70-million-click lifespan
Razer Cynosa Chroma Keyboard
With its full layout and backlit keys, the Razer Cynosa is a colorful macro-enabled slab of typing action. Use Razer Hypershift to program macros for complex commands with one set of keystrokes.
- Dedicated media keys
- cable-routing underneath
- Individually backlit keys
- Custom RGB patterns for over 150 games
For those looking for a customizable ergonomic solution, the Keychron Q10 is a 75% width mechanical keyboard with programmable macro functions, dedicated programmable keys, a dedicated programmable knob, and a backlighting that points southward toward the user, better illuminating the keys.
- Programmable macro keys
- Programmable dedicated function keys ("M keys")
- Programmable dedicated knob
- USB Type-C
- Hot-swappable Gateron G Pro switches
- Machined aluminum and steel body
Other Great Programmable Keyboards
The Features of Every Good Programmable Keyboard
A few things make every top-tier programmable keyboard stand out that we used when coming up with this list.
- Programmable macros are truly custom. It’s not as helpful if all you can do is re-map where the backspace key is, for example, compared to being able to map a key sequence to an entire string of inputs that get run instantaneously.
- Bonus points for custom macro buttons. Having an array of keys that can be set to do specific tasks (like launch email, skip to the next song, copy the highlighted text, then open a Word doc, paste it, save it, and close it) is huge. Saving precious seconds every time you invoke it adds up as days, weeks, months, or years pass.
- Options designed purely for macros. We included a couple of options that serve only one purpose: to be a central shortcut depot for everything you do the most. Originally developed for streamers, these devices have made their way into offices and homes because they allow you to create buttons that can do thousands of things. On top of that, the face of the button can be programmed, too.
Programmable keyboards offer various benefits for individuals across various fields and interests. From entrepreneurs looking to streamline their work processes to gaming enthusiasts seeking an edge in their gameplay and even photographers aiming for efficient editing workflows, programmable keyboards provide a versatile solution. The ability to customize and assign specific functions to each key allows for faster execution of repetitive tasks and grants users newfound control over their computers.
Whether you’re looking to boost productivity, enhance gaming performance, or optimize your creative endeavors, a programmable keyboard opens up a world of possibilities. So why not take advantage of this innovative tool and unlock new levels of efficiency and convenience in your daily endeavors?
We ensure our product and service reviews remain unbiased through a set of rules and guidelines we follow. We paid for many of the products we’ve reviewed. We may earn commission through affiliate links in these reviews, which helps fund our independent testing efforts. Learn more about our review guidelines and affiliate link policies. As an Amazon Associate, The Seller Journal earns from qualifying purchases. Special thanks to Depositphotos for being our exclusive provider of stock imagery.